The Mystery of Grace / October 13 and 15, 2014
- The church is a mystery of God’s grace.
- Paul is a steward of God’s grace. Ephesians 3:1-2
- God’s grace includes a mystery called the “church.” Ephesians 3:3-5
- The church brings together Jew and Gentile. Ephesians 3:6
- Gentile believers are co-heirs of the kingdom.
- Gentile believers are co-members of the body.
- Gentile believers are co-sharers of the promise.
- The mystery of God’s grace is revealed.
- God gives grace for ministry.
- God does not keep you from hardship.
- God is a God who reveals.
- God saves us to live together in unity.
- Have you seen instances when the church failed to live in proper biblical unity? What happened and what went wrong? Do you find for yourself that certain people or groups are difficult to unite with? What can we learn from this passage that helps us?
- Do you find Paul’s perspective on prison helpful in your own hardships? What are some principles that can encourage or help you?
- What other concepts from this passage are helpful or challenging to you?