Walking In Christ – In The Home (Colossians 3:18-4:1)
KEY TRUTH: We order our households according to what is fitting in the Lord and not according to prevailing cultural patterns.
- Wives who walk in Christ submit to their husbands. (Colossians 3:18)
- Husbands who walk in Christ love their wives. (Colossians 3:19)
- Children who walk in Christ obey their parents. (Colossians 3:20)
- Fathers who walk in Christ don’t exasperate their children. (Colossians 3:21)
- Slaves who walk in Christ serve their masters as if serving Christ. (Colossians 3:22-25)
- Masters who walk in Christ are just and fair. (Colossians 4:1)
- What are some ways that society makes it difficult for us to maintain proper, biblical relationships?
- Your sin nature seeks its own gratification, rather than the good of others in your life. Are there particular areas that you struggle with?
- Pray for each other that each man would treat his wife, children, boss and employees in keeping with the Lord’s desires.