Dangers To Your Faith Part 1
KEY TRUTH: The traps of human philosophy and man’s tradition are avoided by focusing on Jesus Christ who accomplished your salvation and offers all you need.
- The danger of human philosophy and man’s tradition (Colossians 2:8-10)
- Human philosophy and man’s tradition cheat you and hold you captive.
- Human philosophy and man’s tradition confront us everywhere.
- Human philosophy and man’s tradition require us to be careful and biblically informed.
- The danger of ceremonialism (Colossians 2:11-17)
- The problem in the first century
- The problem today – there are still those who try to bind people under law.
- The solution to ceremonialism is the work of Jesus Christ.
- We must know our vulnerabilities.
- You will be attracted to information that confirms something you want to believe. If you like what you hear, you’re less likely to evaluate it very carefully.
- You will tend to reject things you don’t fully understand or don’t like. You will look for an excuse to reject unwelcome truth.
- You will tend to be swayed by personality and presentation. An effective presentation and the sincerity of the speaker will carry more weight than it should.
- We must use God’s Word as a constant reference point.