Spiritual maturity in Christ
KEY TRUTH: God’s desire for every Christian man is that he never stop growing toward full spiritual maturity by yielding to Christ, walking obediently and avoiding error.
- Evidence of spiritual maturity (Colossians 2:1-5)
- Maturity is reflected in concern for others. (Colossians 2:1)
- Maturity is reflected in a heart that is encouraged. (Colossians 2:2)
- Maturity is reflected in a church that is knit together in love. (Colossians 2:2)
- Maturity is reflected in an assurance of understanding. (Colossians 2:2)
- Maturity is reflected in the knowledge of Christ. (Colossians 2:2-4)
- Maturity is reflected in good order and steadfast faith. (Colossians 2:5)
- Steps to spiritual maturity (Colossians 2:6-8)
Evaluate your life and identify an area where you need to take the next step toward spiritual maturity.
- Are you marked more by a concern for others or a concern for self?
- Are you marked by encouragement or discouragement
- Are you marked by love and concern for others or by strife and contention?
- Are you marked by assurance or doubt?
- Are you marked by an increased knowledge of Christ, or have you stopped reading and studying your Bible
- Is your walk with God orderly and steadfast, or is it haphazard and undisciplined.
Take steps to grow in maturity in that area.
- How would that area of your life be different if Jesus was the complete and total Lord of your life?
- What specific steps can you take to “walk in Christ” in that area?
- What errors in your thinking have crept into that area of your life? What does the truth of God’s Word say about that area of your life?