The Supremacy of Christ: Creation
KEY TRUTH: Jesus Christ created the universe, sustains the universe and is the sovereign King of the universe.
- Jesus existed before creation and is superior to creation. (Colossians 1:15)
- Jesus personally created all things. (Colossians 1:16a)
- All things exist for Jesus. (Colossians 1:16b)
- Jesus holds all things together. (Colossians 1:17)
- We must affirm the supremacy of Christ.
- We must affirm that creation has a purpose.
- We must affirm that God has the whole world in his hands.
- What are the prevailing views that you encounter regarding creation and the origin of life? Why do you think the secular culture finds creationism so distasteful?
- Based on this passage, is an attack on creationism a direct attack on God? Why or why not? What are some practical implications for believers based on what Paul teaches here?