Our True Identity In Christ
- Our identity in Christ is marked by faith and love. (Colossians 1:3-5a)
- Our identity in Christ is based on the fruit-bearing Gospel. (Colossians 1:5b-8)
- Our identity in Christ demands constant spiritual growth. (Colossians 1:9)
- Our identity in Christ is reflected in a worthy, pleasing walk. (Colossians 1:10-14)
- God’s will is that we would walk worthy of the Lord and please Him fully.
- Four marks of the worthy life:
- Pay careful attention to proclaiming and living the truth of God’s Word.
- Pay careful attention to pleasing God.
- Bearing fruit in every good work
- Growing in the knowledge of God
- Being strengthened with all power according to his glorious might
- Joyfully giving thanks
What is the reputation of the church you attend? What are you known for as a body? Would people in the community use the word “faith” to describe us? Are we known for our love? If not, why not and what should we do about it?
Do you ever struggle with being content with partial knowledge or living a partially pleasing life? What advice would you give a fellow Christian about living in a way that is fully pleasing to God?