Living It Out: Masters and Slaves
- Does the Bible condone slavery?
- The Bible consistently presents freedom and deliverance from bondage as good.
- Paul does not call for an end to slavery, but he does not condone slavery.
- Paul transforms the institution of slavery by placing masters and slaves equally under God’s authority.
- The biblical teaching that all people are created in God’s image is the foundation for the elimination of slavery.
- The duty of employees. (Ephesians 6: 5-7)
- Good will
- The rewards of faithful service. (Ephesians 6:7-8)
- The duty of employers. (Ephesians 6:9)
- There is no hierarchy of value.
- As a slave of Christ, your work matters.
- Your audience in all things is God.