Living It Out: Newness of Life
KEY TRUTH: God calls you to a brand new life which begins with a renewal of your mind and moves toward a change in your behavior.
- Your NEW LIFE requires seeing the world as God sees it.
- Unbelievers are alienated from Christ are are unable to have the mind of Christ.
- Unbelievers have hardened hearts and are unable to have the life of Christ.
- Unbelievers live out the condition of their heart.
- Your NEW LIFE features Christ as the turning point.
- Believers are schooled in the ways of Jesus.
- Believers are changed by the power of Jesus.
- Your NEW LIFE involves a change in your behavior.
- Replace lying with honesty.
- Forsake anger.
- Replace stealing with hard work.
- Replace unwholesome talk with edification.
- Replace bitterness, wrath and anger with love.
- Learn to think biblically.
- Re-enroll in the school of Christ.
- Live out your new life.
- How might Paul’s teaching concerning the moral and intellectual depravity of the lost man (Ephesians 4:17-19) enable us to better evangelize? In other words, what do we learn about our lost friends, family members and acquaintances that might help us better communicate the gospel to them?
- Sin has a “domino effect” where one sin leads to another. From Ephesians 4:19, what is the starting point for this downward spiral? What are some practical ideas for preventing the downward spiral of sin?
- What does it mean practically to lay aside the old self? How does this happen? What might it look like? How frequently does it occur?
- What does it mean practically to put on the new self? How often should this happen? How does it happen?