The Heart Of Mentoring
This series was taught July – August, 2012. Study guides and audio files are available below.
- It starts with the heart. Effective mentors understand that living is about giving.
- It’s the journey that counts. Effective mentors see mentoring as a process that requires perseverance.
- Into their world – through yours. Effective mentors open their world to their mentoring partners.
- Aligning passion with work. Effective mentors help mentoring partners find their passion.
- Advancing through adversity. Effective mentors are comforters who share the load.
- Let your values filter be your guide. Effective mentors help turn values into practice.
- The substance of mentoring. Effective mentors model character.
- The fuel that drives the engine. Effective mentors affirm faith and spirituality.
- The vision gap: focusing on the future. Effective mentors recognize that mentoring plus reproduction equals legacy.
- It’s never too early – or to late – to start. Effective mentors go for it!
Course Outline / Study Guides / Audio Files
|July 11, 2012 – Series Introduction||NOTES||Audio|
|July 18, 2012 – Biblical Mentoring Begins with the Heart||NOTES|
|July 25, 2012 – Biblical Mentoring Takes Patience, Persistence and Time.||NOTES||Audio|
|August 1, 2012 – Biblical Mentoring Invites Men Into Your World.||NOTES||Audio|
|August 9, 2012 – Mentoring Through Adversity. (Stephen Pritchett)||NOTES|
|August 15, 2012 – Mentoring Models and Teaches Character||NOTES|
|August 22, 2012 – Andy Burggraff|
|August 29, 2012 – Mentoring Requires Initiative, Maturity and Getting Started!||NOTES|