Teachers fulfill a critical role in the life of God’s people. They serve as examples in both knowledge and faith. They are to be held in the highest regard by the church. Therefore, teachers must commit to the highest standards of Christian living.
- Prepare – You’ll prepare for each class by spending time in study, prayer and planning.
- Teach – You’ll teach a lesson for the class, emphasizing the supremacy of the Bible in the everyday life of the believer.
- Lead – You’ll serve as the primary class leader, coordinating the class structure and overseeing all of the other class roles. This does not apply to Substitute Teachers.
- Relate – You’ll strive to build relationships with your students and foster an environment of fellowship among the class members.
Gifts / Skills / Abilities:
- Mature faith and a good working knowledge of the Bible (Being a teacher of adults does not automatically come with the official title of Elder, but the qualifications would be very similar to the biblical qualifications of an Elder found in 1Timothy 1 and Titus 1, and each teacher should make that biblical standard his life’s goal.)
- Agreement with the “Leadership Covenant” of Colonial Baptist Church
- Agreement with the “Doctrinal Statement” of Colonial Baptist Church
- For Lead Teachers, membership is required.
Yes, I’m interested in teaching! Please contact me.